ProForm Performance 600i Review
The Proform Performance 600i is best for runners who want to get in a decent workout without spending a ton of money .If you like the look of the ProForm Performance 400i, then you will love the ProForm Performance 600i because this treadmill is ideal for taller users who will benefit from the longer deck and stronger motor. Moreover, ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill is iFit compatible which means that it can be linked to Google map routes. This iFit-enabled treadmill offers literally infinite training programs and tends to earn positive customer reviews for performance.
The built in sound system has a compatible music port for an iPOD or MP3 player. An integrated tablet holder situated above the console will hold most full size tablets firmly in place. This Proform 600i treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor with 2 yrs parts and 1 yr labor warranty. Proform rates the user weight capacity of this treadmill at 325 lbs which is a also good indication of its durability and is is fairly decent for a treadmill in this price range. It’s also a rather heavy unit, weighing close to 200 lbs, which means it’s an extremely stable fitness machine.
If you’re looking to buy the ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill then, we hope that the following review can give you a clearer understanding of what this treadmill is all about.
Proform Performance 600i Key Specs
- Motor – 2.75 CHP
- 60″ by 20″ Tread belt
- Incline – up to 12%
- Console: Round Watts LED Display
- iFit and Bluetooth Smart Enabled
- Integrated Tablet Holder
- Foldable,EasyLift™ Assist Design
- 22 Built-in Workout Programs
- Music Port and Sound System – iPod® compatible
- ProShox™ Cushioning
- CoolAire™ Workout Fan
- Speed – 0 – 12 MPH
- EKG™ Heart Rate Monitors – (handle grip)
- Footprint – 79.75″L x 36.75″W x 59.25″H
- Weight Capacity – 325lbs
- Lifetime Frame & Motor
- 2-Year Parts
- 1-Year Labor
- 2.75 CHP Motor – This motor has plenty of power for a smooth and quiet walk or run and can handle the 12% incline better than the lower end models with less horse power.
- Full size 20 by 60 inch Tread belt – There’s also an extra long 60 inch long belt which you don’t usually find for under $800. This is great for taller users or runners who won’t feel like they’re about to fall off the end of the treadmill.
- 12% Incline and 12 MPH speed limit – The 12% incline that you get with this Proform Performance 600i model can give you a much better workout in a shorter amount of time whether you walk, run or both. And if you are a runner, it’s easy to achieve sprint training with speeds that reach 12 mph. These options make this treadmill pretty versatile overall, whether you’re buying this treadmill for walking or running, or both!
- Foldable, Space Saving EasyLift Assist – The Proform 600i is foldable and also has the EasyLift Assist feature to make it easier to fold up and store out of the way when you are done with your workout. Using the popular SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist, almost anyone can fold or unfold this model so it’s both safe and convenient.
- 22 Built-in Workout Programs – ProForm is known for their great program variety, and you can expect this great feature with the 600i model. You get quite a bit of variety in your fitness routine with the 22 built-in programs that offer a wide range of options like heart rate based programs, interval programs, weight loss and fat burning programs.
- iFit Bluetooth Smart Enabled – Just “Press Start” and you can begin your workout staged in a fun location like Paris or London. iFit can easily be integrated using your own tablet computer, the treadmill has a secure tablet holder that’s smartly placed at eye level and within easy reach. With iFit on your mobile device, you can download a new workout every day, stream high definition video workouts, and virtually train around the world with Google Maps. This system lets you run real routes with Google Maps where you machine will be synced to the actual terrain. Workouts created by professional trainers will add interest and effectiveness to your daily grind. The only downside is that iFit requires a monthly subscription to access.
- Round Watts LED Display: This large circular “track” display uses your power algorithm of watts per kilogram to let you know whether you are working out in Endurance, Tempo, or Peak Zone so that you can get the workout results you want. As a minus for the 600i model the console is small and very basic, it is not backlit and it doesn’t show you a lot of information. You won’t find a lot of “bells and whistles” on this console but not everyone wants a flashy display.
- Music Port and Sound System – There is nothing like listening to some great music to help pass the time as you work out. The Proform Performance 600i has a built in decent sound system so you can also plug in and play your favorite MP3 tunes with the iPod dock. There are built-in speakers in the console so you can avoid using your earphones if you want.
- Advanced Shock Absorption System: A treadmill with proper cushioning is extremely important to provide a comfortable run and protect your joints. With four shock absorbers as part of the advanced ProShox Cushioning System, you’ll get both support and comfort whether running, walking or jogging. The entire deck is cushioned, with a thick and durable tread belt. You don’t want a treadmill that will require a ton of maintenance, so the durability and quality of the tread belt is something you really want to take notice of.
- EKG Heart Rate Monitor – This is handy so you can adjust the intensity of your workout to meet your optimum heart rate zone. Simply grip the built-in sensors to quickly and accurately monitor your heart rate, stay within your optimum training zone and help burn more fat.
- CoolAire workout Fan – The Proform Performance 600i treadmill has a decent fan to keep you cool.The „CoolAire” workout fan is built into the control console and it has two speed settings so that you can regulate the air stream to your preference.
Considering that it costs less than $900, it does offer a decent price / value ratio.
Shipping and Assembly
The manual supplied with the Proform Performance 600i offers pretty solid instructions for assemble, and all the tools required are supplied. The assembly of this ProForm 600i treadmill is not complicated and shouldn’t take more than two hours. Be aware that the machine is heavy, transport and unboxing requires two people. The deck and motors are completely assembled and attached to the front part of the frame and all you need to add are the treadmill’s vertical posts and connect the console.
See lowest price for ProForm Performance 600i
Regarding maintenance, the manual specifies that the belt doesn’t need any lubrication, as it comes pre-lubricated with high-performance lubricants. But after a while, just as any treadmill belt it will require lubrication and very important is to keep the running belt clean, free of any sand or fibers.
Buy from serious retailers such as Amazon.com and you will get free shipping of your new Proform Performance 600i within 6 to 10 days .
- Solid deck being able to support users up to 325 lbs;
- 2.75 CHP motor, speeds up to 12 MPH;
- Long tread track (60″ x 20″)
- 22 workout apps
- Deck integrates 3 shock absorption cells on each side;
- Power incline (12 percent)
- iPod-compatible (2″ speakers)
- Contact pulse monitor
- Tablet computer holder
- SpaceSaver (Foldable)
- Quiet operation;
- Fairly easy to assemble;
- Little maintenance required;
- Excellent warranty.
- Simple Non-Backlit Console
- Cup holders are pretty narrow and might not fit every water bottle
- No wireless Heart Rate Monitoring
- Small track rollers
You need to be careful when shopping for treadmills in the under $1,000 price range. There are some pretty poorly made treadmills out there in this price range from some low quality manufacturers that you really want to avoid. There are also a few very good treadmills out there for under $1,000 including the Proform Performance 600i. ProForm is part if Icon Fitness, which is the company that also produces NordicTrack. Beeing the largest creator of fitness equipment in the world, they are often able to create machines with more specs for a lower price than the competition.
The ProForm Performance 600i is a mid range treadmill designed by a well-known brand for home use. If you want a decent treadmill – but you don’t want to pay for a lot of fancy bells and whistles that you won’t use, probably the Proform 600i Performance is the treadmill for you. Remarkably solid, the ProForm Performance 600i is a best buy among low-priced treadmills. It is most appropriate for walkers and novice runners, but it can handle heavier workouts too.
Should I buy the Proform Performance 600i treadmill?
All in all, Proform Performance 600i treadmill is a quality and sturdy starter treadmill with decent motor size, average 20”x60”running surface which meet above average scores. Aside from the many great benefits, the machine comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame and motor, 2-year warranty for the parts, and 1-year warranty for the labor. And finally, considering that it costs less than $800-$900, it does offer a decent price / value ratio.
You can set overall score manually or auto score based on review criterias
Proform Performance 600i treadmill is a quality and sturdy starter treadmill which meet above average scores
- Sturdy frame construction
- Solid deck
- Space-saving design
- Motorized incline, 0% – 12%;
- 2.75 CHP motor
- Advanced Shock Absorption System
- EGK pulse sensors
- 22 preset workout programs;
- sound system, cooling fan, tablet holder, accessory trays
- Bluetooth and iFit enabled
- Fairly easy to assemble
- Little maintenance required
- Excellent warranty
- iFit membership not included
- HR chest strap not included
- Simple Non-Backlit Console